Thursday, May 7, 2009

Magnetic island

This island was by far my favorite location in australia. We arrived and I knew that this was going to be my favorite stop. It reminded me of a carribean island. I said to myself "am I really on a school trip or is this just a holiday". After getting settled in our apartments we went on a tour of the island which was really nice. Absolutely beautiful landscape. I realized during this tour that I had not had any alone time since the start of the trip. I told my roomates that I was going for a walk and not to worry. I walked down to the beach right down from the apartments. It was amazing to sit there and think while the sunset. It was probably the best thing I could have done for myself. I could use that alone time again because this morning my memory card got erased with the mistake of pressing a wrong button on my camera. Atleast I brought two cameras so I only lost pictures that can be replaced with the stealing of other peoples pictures off facebook. Luckily I actually have two memory cards for my canon xti. Which I have gotten some amazing pictures with.

On our free day ten of us chose to go horseback riding. I set up our little adventure because I am a horseback rider. It was by far one of the coolest things I have done. The guide and I were on horses that love the beach. (my horses name was mischief to give you an idea) well our two horses wanted to run so we ended up in a full gallop racing down the beach. I can honestly tell you that galloping down a beach on the waters edge was the most amazing feeling and rush.

Ashley

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment