Saturday, May 9, 2009

Great Barrier Reef

Today, we took the Passions of Paradise boat out to the Great Barrier Reef for some underwater adventures. As i'm sure everyone on the trip knows by now, i am not a huge fan of water. I was very nervous today, mostly because I didn't know what to expect and i didn't know what things i would see. The first sight was a good place to start. I saw lots of parrotfishs, damelsfish and interesting coral. The color of the fishes were so bright i could hardly take my eyes off of them. I was glad that we did the Reef Teach the night before, because it helped me figure out what animals i saw seeing. And with the help of some fellow classmates, i did pretty good for my first time snorkeling. The second sight was a bit rough, so that was a little harder for me. Usually, i would not dare go into water that rough (again emphasizing my fear), but i was so excited from the last sight that i knew i had to try. I stuck close to the instructor at the begging and then ventured off with other classmates. Things were a bit harder to see, but it was worth it. I'm so glad that this was a part of this class, because i learned a lot about marine life, the uniqueness of Australian animals, and how strong i can be to overcome my fear. It will truly be an experience i won't soon forget.

Stephanie Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment