Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I can't wait to see everyone in the States again, but I have seriously fallen in love with this continent. And while I have some sweet gifts and memories, there are a few things I'll miss from the trip:

-Delicious flat white coffee (Dr Jacobson, if you know where I can get an equivalent in the general Elmira area, let me know...!)
-The perfect banana bread from the Fat Possum Cafe
-Aussie humor
-The landscape, which is gloriously unique
-How easily I slid into each new place - given a day or so to figure out where I was, I started referring to where my bed was as 'home'
-Sydney harbor views - the bridge and Opera House never, never get old
-Signs painted on the crosswalks that say LOOK RIGHT so that we don't get flattened accidentally -- although I might get pegged by a car when I get back, since I'm so used to looking the 'wrong' way now :D
-Kangaroos and wallabies randomly frolicking around. They're as common as deer in the USA, but I want to sneak a mob home. Maybe Louis will loan me the use of his cargo pant pockets
-Aaaaand last but not least my roommates -- Kortney, Meghan and Louis for always causing mischief, and Brittany and Steph for being short-term fantastic.

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment