Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fraser island

Today we are traveling from Hervey Bay to Magnetic Island via the sunlander train which will be quite the experience since I've never been on an overnight train.

Fraser Island was beautiful. I got to put my feet in the pacific ocean which was one thing on my bucket list. We didn't see any dingoes but we did see paw prints which was neat. The bus we were in was an experience in itself because it was an 18 ton 4 wheel drive bus. Huge and very bumpy. However it created a rocking effect because the only roads were sand or the actual beach. The rocking effect put us to sleep like little babies. On our free day a few of us went down and spent the day on the beach which was amazing. Our hostel was really nice a favorite so far.

I cant wait to have our free day on Magnetic Island because ten of us are horseback riding which involves riding bareback in the ocean. As a horseback rider I can not wait! Excuse the quality of the pictures these were taken from my camera on my phone.



Ashley



Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment