Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Our Trip So Far: Sydney

My experience in Australia has been amazing thus far. Sydney is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of New York City, which I love to visit when i'm home, except it's much cleaner and more interesting. I loved all of the attractions around the city, like Circular Quay, The Harbor and The Rocks, the botanical gardens and of course the Opera House. One of my favorite experiences was taking a run through Hyde Park. I took the side roads and saw a lot of pretty fountains and landmarks. I also enjoyed looking at the people, and how they spent there time in the park. I felt so at home there, and would have loved to just lay out in the grass on a nice, sunny day. Another favorite experience I had was talking to the local Aussies. We both had a lot of good questions for each other about the different cultures, and I learned so much about Australian culture through these encounters. I can't wait to continue meeting and talking to people to get different persceptives of this wonderful country. Ok bye for now!

Stephanie Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment